State of the City set for Jan. 24The 2017 State of the City will take place Jan. 24 at the YMCA Community Room. The event, which coincides with the Clay County Chamber of Commerce noon lunch meeting, will be catered by Green Olive. Brazil Mayor Brian Wyndham will discuss goals for the city in 2017...
Local Coordinating Council of Clay CountyMembers of the Local Coordinating Council of Clay County met in a dinner meeting Wednesday at The Green Olive restaurant in Brazil. Governed by the Indiana Criminal Justice Institute, the LCC approves “mini-grants” for various programs such as the Clay County Students Against Destructive Decisions and CHANCES for Youth, said Christopher Smith, president. ...
Pence to use Reagan’s Bible for inauguration(AP) — Mike Pence will use Ronald Reagan’s family Bible when he’s sworn in as Donald Trump’s vice president later this week. The Republican former governor of Indiana says it’s “humbling” to be the first to use the Bible in an inauguration ceremony since Reagan, the 40th president...
- Brazil native Dugan reflects on role in infamous horror film
- Sunday night fire destroys building in residential area of Brazil
- Police: Brazil man called in his own bomb threat at post office
- Local investigation to determine Sunday fire in Brazil
- Public's help needed in locating suspect in road-rage incident
Coffee With Frank
Whooping crane found killed by gunshot, Local Coordinating Council meets
Rosalind Jean SchopmeyerRosalind Jean Schopmeyer, 91 of Bowling Green, passed away January 13, 2017 at Union Hospital. She was born October 18, 1925 in Poland, the daughter of John H. Hauser and Elizabeth Lechner Hauser. ...
Josephine L. ShuckJosephine L. Shuck 94 years old of Brownsburg, Indiana passed away peacefully at her home on Jan. 12, 2017. She was born Sept. 24, 1922 to Roy and Ruth Evans of Brazil, Indiana. She grew up with 8...
Irene ClarkIrene Clark, 97, of New Castle, formerly of Reelsville, passed away on Thursday, Jan. 12, 2017. Irene was born Aug. 19, 1919 in Martin County, Ky., the daughter of the late John and Mattie Lanham....
Anna Mae Milner
- Northview defense spurs team to road win at BloomfieldBLOOMFIELD – The Northview Knights got a defensive spark in the second half to help it overcome a bad shooting night on the way to a 41-21 road win at Bloomfield on Monday evening. The Knights shot just 37-percent for the game, but the defense was able to limit the Cardinals to just 24-percent for the game (9-of-37)...
- IHSAA Girls Basketball Sectional draw for area teams (1/15/17)
- Knights fall short of talented Quakers on the road (1/15/17)
- Points at a premium as Knights sweep doubleheader (1/14/17)
- Eels can’t handle hot shooting Thunderbirds (1/14/17)
- Big fourth quarter shoots Lady Eels past Lady Cards (1/13/17)
- Knights honor Hendrich and Cook with senior night victory (1/12/17)
LOOK BACK: Dec. 25-31, 1956 (12/26/16)• A giant F-86 jet airplane, designated as the “work horse” that won the battle of the air in Korea for America and her allies, will come to Brazil as a permanent souvenir from the war department, according to an announcement by John Detzel, commander of the Clay County post number 2, American Legion, today. ...
Kubota RTV 900 Utility Vehiclewith snow plow, hard top, work lights, hours 469, $2,600 CALL: 3172963955
2000 Jaguar XJ8 L Sedan 4-Door$ 2630,4-WD,Cassette Player,CD Player,Leather Seats,Sunroof.Call me: 317-296-4413
Wanted - Ashboro YearbookWilling to pay up to $100.00 depending on shape for Ashboro High School yearbook. Call Jim @ 903-359-6401 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.