Light Rain ~
High: 83°F ~ Low: 59°F
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
A bad prediction?Posted Friday, February 3, 2012, at 3:30 PM
Everybody is being asked about a Super Bowl prediction right now.
On Friday, Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic of ESPN Radio's Mike and Mike in the morning asked Rob Van Winkle (aka Vanilla Ice) who he thought would win.
Most of the experts seem to believe the New England Patriots will come into Lucas Oil Stadium Sunday and knock off the New York Giants. For example, ESPN Football analyst John Clayton has the Patriots winning, 24-20. Radio talk show host Colin Cowherd has the Patriots winning, 28-27.
To be honest, I'm kind of surprised Punxsutawney Phil wasn't asked his prediction just the other day when he saw his shadow and predicted six more weeks of winter.
But I'm not so sure about it.
In fact, I think the Giants will pick up another Super Bowl title. I also think it will be a high-scoring game.
I see an exciting, touchdown-filled game, with the Giants winning, 44-21.
But, if you have ever read any of these blogs, or if you have followed my history of predicting, with me picking the Giants, you should probably stick with the Patriots.
In fact, bet some money if you have it. My history with predictions is downright awful.
But I'm sticking with the Giants.
Other predictions for the Super Bowl:
* Kelly Clarkson will sing the National Anthem just fine,
* Madonna will perform well, but I still can't stand Super Bowl halftime shows. For that matter, why didn't the powers-that-be decide to have John Mellencamp perform,
* There will be at least 20 mentions of Peyton Manning throughout the broadcast,
* Jim Irsay will be interviewed at some point,
* Both Tom Brady and Eli Manning will throw at least two touchdown passes,
* There will be several references to Patriots Tight End Rob Gronkowski and his injured ankle,
* Brady's wife, Gisele Bundchen will be mentioned at least five times during the broadcast, and
* There will be endless pans to celebrities.
Enjoy watching the game.
Showing comments in chronological order
[Show most recent comments first]