Mostly Cloudy ~
Winter Storm Watch
Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2013
The Tearjerker ListPosted Friday, July 27, 2012, at 1:36 PM
A recent survey noted the following are the top 10 movies to make men cry:
* "Marley and Me,"
* "Red Dog,"
* "Life is Beautiful,"
* "The Shawshank Redemption,"
* "The Notebook,"
* "Forrest Gump,"
* "Love Actually,"
* "My Sister's Keeper" and
* "Toy Story 3."
Of these movies, I have only seen "Marley and Me," "Forrest Gump," "The Shawshank Redemption" and "Titanic."
While my wife and I own "The Notebook," I have never sat down and watched the film.
After hearing this list, I sat down and started to think of my own top 10 tearjerker list. From this list, I added one, "Marley and Me."
Merry and I went to see it in the theater, and sure enough, the tears were coming down. That was actually a tough film to sit through.
However, the rest of the above listed movies that I have seen didn't not open up Niagara Falls.
Yes, even "Titanic."
But I guess you could say I do have my own list regarding this topic.
In no particular order, these films have always brought a tear to my eye:
* "Can't Buy Me Love." One of Patrick Dempsey's first films. For some reason, the scene where he goes into his tirade (near the end of the movie) always gets me.
* "Glory." Who can't cry when the 54th is heading into its final battle?
* "Legends of the Fall." As the "bad guys" are preparing to shoot the father, the eldest brother comes to the rescue, bringing him back to family. Yep, the tears fall.
* "Marley and Me." Enough said.
* "WALL-E." I can't even provide a reason, but I cried when I watched it.
* "Field of Dreams." "Dad ... do you wanna have a catch?" Costner playing pitch and catch with his dad. Again, Niagara Falls.
* "Roswell: Season 1" The finale. I know it was a television series, but it was very well written.
* "Regarding Henry." Very touching film. Brought Harrison Ford into a different light.
* "A River Runs Through It." To this day, I have a hard time watching this film.
* "Braveheart." "No one can take ... our freedom!" Fighting for lost love. What else can you say?
Showing comments in chronological order
[Show most recent comments first]