- Stines and Bumgardner win, extend lead at Lincoln Park -
PUTNAMVILLE -- Points leaders Bobby Stines and Paul Bumgardner added to their advantages with feature victories at Lincoln Park Speedway Saturday night and second place Doug McCullough narrowed the gap between himself and the top spot in the Super Stock class.
Stines picked up his first sprint car feature win at the Putnamville track by holding off Kenny Carmichael in a hard charging affair.
"This really feels awesome," said an excited Stines after celebrating with a couple of donuts in front of the front-stretch grandstands. The Bloomington ace came into the weekend with a 162 to 148 advantage over Brazil's Doug Heck.
"Getting my first win here is pretty amazing. We destroyed the car last week at Bloomington Speedway. I've still got a sore neck."
A $1,200 payday will help alleviate any left over pain for Stines who had previously won a 600 Minisprint feature at LPS.
In Modified action, Bumgardner picked up his fourth feature win of the year at Lincoln Park Speedway.
He advanced from his third place starting position for the feature and took the lead for good early on from Carlos Bumgardner who had his hands full all race with a variety of challengers.
Paul Bumgardner survived a late race restart after a caution flag came out with two laps remaining in the feature. Ray Humphrey had charged into second place after qualifying for the 'A' Main with a semifeature victory.
The Greencastle veteran got a good jump on the restart and held off Humphrey for the feature victory which bolstered his points lead over Craig Conyer who placed fourth ahead of Jimmy Hayden of Coatsville.
In the Super Stock division, McCullough was the beneficiary of a spin by the race leader with three laps remaining in an odd finish to the feature.
A yellow flag for a spin between turns three and four came out just as the lead pack of cars headed into the corner. The leader spun as McCullough squeezed past and retained the lead when it was decided that the cars that had spun would restart from the back.
Terre Haute drivers collected the first three positions in the Bomber division with Harry Shepard picking up the winner's check.
Lloyd Walls led until he fell victim to lapped traffic on the final lap. McCullough passed Walls in turn three to pick up the checkered flag for the win.
Larry Drake was the winner of the Modified Light feature race.
Lincoln Park Speedway will feature fireworks next Saturday night with a full slate of racing action at the Putnamville oval.
Lincoln Park Speedway
Sprint Car Feature
1. Bobby Stines, 2. Kenny Carmichael, 3. Wil Newlin, 4. Pierce, 5. Aaron Mosley, 6. Shawn Krockenberger, 7. Kevin Chambers, 8. Ray Kenens, 9. Steve Rone, 10. Chase Stockton, 11. Bill Schemonia, 12. 99B 13. Patrick Giddens, 14. A.J. Booher, 15. Jon Popejoy, 16. Ryan Wunderlich, 17. Austin King, 18. Anthony Leohr, 19. Steve Phillips, 20. Kenny Carmichael Jr.
'B' Main winner: Carmichael Jr.
Heat Winners: Stines, Chambers, Krockenberger, Carmichael.
1. Paul Bumgardner, 2. Ray Humphrey, 3. Carlos Bumgardner, 4. Craig Conyer, 5. Jimmy Hayden, 6. Joey Cox, 7. Tom Russell, 8. Gary Hayden, 9. Dan McCullough, 10. Lonny Cassity, 11. Albert Gardner, 12. Jack Taylor, 13. Brent Payne, 14. Tom Bixler Jr. 15. Daniel Lewellen, 16. Brad Robinson, 17. Bill Gasway, 18. Gary Hall, 19. James Tumey, 20. Zach Fair
'B' Main winner: Humphrey
Heat Winners: Hayden, C.Bumgardner, P.Bumgardner, Hall.
Super Stock Feature
1. Doug McCullough, 2. Zach Carney, 3. A.J. Smith, 4. Paul Wright, 5. Aaron Zellers, 6. Steve Sutliff, 7. Mark Blalock, 8. Jeff Wellem, 9. Eric Miller, 10. Steve Sheeks, 11. Kurt Wagner, 12. Kirby Morrow, 13. Tony Erdly, 14. Joe Whisler, 15. Todd Brummet, 16. Joe Starks, 17. Tom Tankersley, 18. Jeff Starks, 19. David Kikendall Jr., 20. Mike Wright Jr.
'B' Main winner: Marty Cooper
Heat Winners: Wright, Sheeks, McCullough, Whisler
1. Harry Shepard, 2. Lloyd Walls, 3. Travis Heramb, 4. Ron Wallen Sr., 5. Ron Smith, 6. Dale Lewis, 7. Darrall Smallwood, 8. Michael Wright, 9. David Bumgardner II, 10. Gregory Riser
Heat Winners: Walls, Cary, Heramb, Wallen Sr.