-Carmichael wins 4th straight super stock feature
By CAREY FOX
PUTNAMVILLE -- Jon Sciscoe made his return to Lincoln Park Speedway one to remember on Saturday, winning from the pole in feature action.
Sciscoe took over the point after Billy Puterbaugh, leading by a wide margin, got upside down near the midpoint of the feature. The accident ended Puterbaugh's evening, a disappointing finish after he dominated much of the early racing.
With clear sailing ahead of him, Sciscoe was able to pull away from the competition that included Kenny Carmichael Sr., who returned to the seat of his familiar blue 92 mount.
While running strong throughout the evening, Carmichael Sr. won his heat race to earn him a starting position outside row two alongside Kent Christian, he was unable to get any closer to Sciscoe who was on a rail. Christian would cruise home in third ahead of Bobby Stines and Shawn Krockenberger to round out the top-five.
In UMP Modified action, Rob Brickert would get by early feature leader Jimmy Hayden several laps into the race to win in convincing fashion.
Hayden had his hands full holding onto second place, but he was able to withstand strong challenges from Travis Shoulders and Paul Bumgardner.
Shoulders and points leader, Bumgardner, put on a great show for the fans, running side-by-side for lap after lap. But on this night, Shoulders would take the third spot after giving Hayden a full rearviewmirror for the last handful of laps. Hayden put together perhaps his best race of the year to finish in the second spot. Shoulders, Bumgardner and Justin Hobson were in the top-five ahead of Josh Boller, Jeff Wellum, Harry Shepherd, Phil VanSant and Mitchell Lankford.
Kenny Carmichael Sr. has been untouchable of late in super stock action and Saturday was no exception.
Carmichael pulled away over the final half of the feature to best Doug McCullough and Tim Meany, winning his fourth straight feature.
Cullen Goodman started on the front row but dropped out early due to mechanical problems. His departure left the early battle to Carmichael and McCullough with Meany, Curt Leonard and David Bumgardner close behind.
However, it was Carmichael who would continue to add distance to his lead despite numerous cautions.
The win extends his points lead to seven (848 to 841) for the season.
Ritchie Hawkins extended his points lead with his fifth feature victory of the year on Saturday night, beating out David Wallen and Ron Wallen Jr. The win adds to Hawkins' lead over Lloyd Walls to 868 to 798.
The real battle was between the Wallen's who went lap after lap, door-to-door before David Wallen earned the runnerup spot ahead of Wallen Jr. and Ron Smith. Chris Wood was fifth ahead of Marlin Burns, Walls, Shane Miller, Jacob Wright and Stacey Shepherd.
Next week will feature a regular card of sprints, modifieds, super stocks and bombers along with the modified lite class. Admission for adults is $10.
Sprint Car Feature
1. Jon Siscoe, 2. Kenny Carmichael SR., 3. Kent Christian, 4. Bobby Stines, 5. Shawn Krockenberger, 6. Jimmy Light, 7. Gary Hayden, 8. Aaron Mosley, 9. Tommy Rockwell, 10. Rex Norris III, 11. Kyle Hill, 12. Danny Pollock, 13. Kenny Carmichael JR., 14. Craig Budde, 15. Jeremy Vanesky, 16. Kevin Studley, 17. Danny Williams Jr., 18. Anthony Peterman, 19. Casey Shuman, 20. Billy Putterbaugh
B-Main winner: Tommy Rockwell
Heat winners: Carmichael Sr., Christian, Puterbaugh
UMP Modified Feature
1. Rob Brickert, 2. Jimmy Hayden, 3. Travis Shoulders, 4. Paul Bumgardner, 5. Justin Hobson, 6. Josh Boller, 7. Jeff Wellum, 8. Harry Shepherd, 9. Phil VanSant, 10. Mitchell Lankford, 11. Gary Hall, 12. Keith Allen, 13. Tom Bixler JR., 14. Dan Lewellen, 15. Mark Auler, 16. Chris Kerl, 17. Scott Ricketts, 18. Keaton Sumne, 19. Jaymie Turner, 20. Jeff Bland
B-Main winner: Harry Shepherd
Heat winners: Brickert, Shoulders, Hobson
Super Stock Feature
1. Kenny Carmichael SR., 2. Doug McCullough, 3. Tim Meany, 4. Curt Leonard, 5. David Bumgardner, 6. Harold Grayless, 7. Michael Williams Sr., 8. Bobby Price, 9. Don Duncan, 10. Tony Erdly, 11. Mark Dickerson, 12. Slick Griffin, 13. Michael Conner, 14. Chuck Walden, 15. Karlie Holt, 16. Shawn Miller, 17. Rusty Sanders, 18. Lloyd Bumgardne, 19. Kris Starks, 20. Karl Roethemeier, 21. Cullen Goodman, 22. Josh Fagg, 23. Donald Smiley
Heat winners: Goodman, Carmichael Sr., Leonard
Dash for Cash
1. Kenny Carmichael SR., 2. Cullen Goodman, 3. Curt Leonard, 4. Doug McCullough, 5. Michael Williams Sr., 6. Karl Roethemeier
1. Ritchie Hawkins, 2. David Wallen, 3. Ron Wallen JR., 4. Ron Smith, 5. Chris Wood, 6. Marlin Burns, 7. Lloyd Walls, 8. Shane Miller, 9. Jacob Wright, 10. Stacey Shepherd, 11. Justin Cary, 12. Dale Lewis, 13. Ron Wallen SR., 14. Gary Long, 15. Stan Sandusky, 16. Steven Dayhuff, 17. Tracy Coomer, 18. David Bumgardner, 19. Kevin Helton, 20. Dustin Colvin
B-Main winner: Gary Long
Heat winners: Ritchie Hawkins, David Wallen, Ron Wallen Jr.