Neighbors rally around fire victims
Students from Staunton Elementary School donate food to the Richard Munoz family. The Munoz home burned Tuesday night. Pictured are (from left) Tyler Dickison, Chance Crossett, Jeffrey Hyde, Brandi Sanders, Kelsey Batchelor and Raistlin Cox. According to the principal, Jane Anderson, the students have been bringing in food, clothing, toys and money for the family.
The Richard Munoz family, burned out of their home Tuesday, has provided The Times with clothing sizes, should anyone wish to donate:
- Richard wears size 38 x 33 pants, 2XL shirts, and size 13 shoes.
- Sara wears ladies pants size 20, 2XL shirts, and size 11 shoes.
Children's sizes are:
- Bobby - 3rd grade, wears 33 x 28 pants, small shirts, and 8 1/2 shoes, while 5-year-old Buzz wears 6-7 slim pants , 6-7 shirts, and size 12 shoes.
- Karen, also 5 years old, wears 6-7 slim pants, 6-7 shirts, and size 10 1/2 shoes.
- Katie, 2 1/2 years old, wears 3T clothes and 10 1/2 kids shoes.
All items can be dropped off at the Berea Christian Church on CR 800 north. The phone number at the church is 448-8698.
Food items are also being accepted at Staunton Elementary School. School children are bringing in food, clothing and money for the family.
"We're very grateful for the outpouring of love and donations from the community," said Richard. "As a volunteer firefighter with Posey Township, I usually go to fires, put them out, and then go home without thinking about what the family goes through. Now, I know what it's like."