[The Brazil Times nameplate] Fair ~ 49°F  
High: 72°F ~ Low: 53°F
Friday, May 6, 2016

Parke County redevelopment director resigns

Thursday, February 6, 2003

ROCKVILLE, Ind. -- The Parke County Redevelopment Commission has accepted the resignation of Executive Director Mary Helen Weisheit effective Jan. 31 and has begun a search for her replacement.

"We accepted her resignation with regret, but acknowledged the nature and scope of her new position and wish her the very best of luck'", said George Nicolas, president of the Redevelopment Commission.

Weisheit leaves the Redevelopment Commission to become the Director of Business Development for Child-Adult Resource Services, Inc.

Nicholas added that, "We are very pleased that she will still be in a position to help make Parke County a better place to work and live. She will still be involved in many of the same organizations and initiatives as in the Redevelopment Department".

CARS is a not-for-profit agency dedicated to providing services for children, families and adults who have a variety of support, education and rehabilitation needs. It provides services in 11 counties: Parke, Clay, Vigo, Vermillion, Warren, Montgomery, Hendricks, Owen, Morgan, Putnam, Fountain. Weisheit's particular area of responsibility will be working with CARS' manufacturing facilities located in Rockville, Brazil and Attica; with her office located in the Parke Center at Rockville.

A bachelor's degree in business, public administration or a closely related field is desirable for the redevelopment commission director's position, as well as some experience in economic and community development. The Redevelopment Commission focuses on increasing investment in the county, and increasing the income and quality of life of its residents.

Interested individuals should send their resume, cover letter and salary needs by Feb. 20 to the Parke County Redevelopment Commission, 121 W. High Street. Rockville. IN 47872, or by fax to (765) 569-3344. Personal in-quiries should be made to the office at (765) 569-0226.

Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: