Fire burned a portion of the Jim O'Vivian residence, 335 W. Ridge St., early this morning. O'Vivian and his dog escaped unharmed. However O'Vivian was later transported to St. Vincent Clay Hospital with chest pains.
When the Brazil Fire Department arrived at the home at 3:54 a.m., fire was seen at the bedroom windows and heavy smoke was coming from the rest of the house trailer.
The fire was extinguished at 4:04 a.m. and firefighters stayed on the scene until 4:50 a.m.
The trailer is owned by Rod Clarke.
Two engines, five firefighters, Brazil City Police and the Clay County Sheriff's Department went to the scene.