Here is the information participants need to know about this year's Clay County Fair Flower Show:
1. The Flower Show is open to all Clay County residents and members of Clay County Homemakers Clubs.
2. Entries will be received in the exhibit hall between 10:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. on Tuesday. Late entries will be exhibited, but not judged.
3. Flower exhibits will be released on July 25 from 3 to 7 p.m.
4. First, second and third placing in each class and a champion and reserve champion ribbon in each division (i.e. arrangement, houseplant and cut flowers).
5. Only one entry per class per exhibitor.
6. Overall division winner will receive trophy.
7. All entries in cut flower classes must have been grown by exhibitor.
8. Arrangements must be the work of the exhibitor.
9. Planted flowers or foliage will not be permitted except silk flower arrangement.
12. "Fresh cut plant material" includes flowers, branches, foliage and any foliage and fruit on a living stem, such as cones, nuts and pods.
13. All cut flowers must be exhibited in any size beverage bottle when possible cut flowers need foliage on stem.
14. Flower Show is sponsored by the Clay County Farm Bureau Inc. Woman and Young Farmers.
1. Arrangement Classes
A. "Call of the Wild"--all wild flowers
B. "Midnight Madness"--all shades of purple, lavender and/or blue fresh cut flowers
C. "Mixed Bouquet"
D. "Arrangement in unique container"
E. "Silk and/or dried material arrangement" (dried herbs can be used)
F. "Sunshine Delight"--all shades of yellow and orange fresh cut flowers
G. "Tom Thumb"--miniature not over 4" including container
H. "Three of a Kind"-- blossoms of one flower variety in a container with some foliage
2. House Plant Classes--Potted or hanging no larger than 12" x 12" container
|A. Foliage||C. Herb House Plant|
3. Cut Flowers Classes--Single bloom of one specimen exhibited in any size beverage bottle. When possible, flowers need foliage on stem
|A. Gladiolas||D. Zinnia||G. Sunflower|
|B. Marigold||E. Lily||H. Snapdragon|
|C. Rose||F. Any Other Flower|
4. Junior Division--Age 4 to 6th grade
A. Any cut flower in a beverage bottle
B. Any cut flower(s) in a favorite toy (no larger than 8" x 8")
5. Senior Division--7th through 12th grade
A. Any cut flower--single stem leave foliage on stem
B. Any cut flower(s) in a unique container (no larger than 8" x 8"
*Name and address labels are welcome to aid in registration.