The Habitat for Humanity of Clay County is selling raffle tickets to help raise the necessary funding to start their next Habitat home.
Called the "Building Dreams with Habitat 10 for 10 Raffle", a drawing is done each Sunday evening, for 10 weeks, during the Brazil Concert Band performance at Forest Park.
The first nine prizes are gifts donated by local merchants and a Longaberger basket with a total value of $100 or more. The grand prize is a one year membership to Ambassadair travel club and a $1,000 trip account for a trip of the winner's choice.
The weekly drawings began June 22 and the Grand Prize will be awarded Aug. 24. The first five winners and their prizes were:
1. Jim Burk- $50 cash from Adamson's Laundry and a Longaberger Darning basket.
2. Wayne Morlan- $50 gift certificate from Miller's IGA in Clay City and a 9 inch Measuring basket.
3. Rebecca Cooper - $100 silk arrangement from Friends and Flowers and a Spring basket.
4. David Gottsche- $25 gift certificate from Swiss Connection, $25 cooler from Emmert's Realty and a 12 inch Generation basket.
5. Elaine Morgan- $100 gift certificate to Crossroads Studio and a Natural Tea basket.
Tickets may still be purchased from any Habitat board member, Pages Food Store or Crossroads Studio.