This fall, attorneys, accountants, trust officers, financial planners, insurance professionals and investment brokers will have two opportunities to learn more about the intricacies of estate planning.
The Wabash Valley Community Foundation is offering two seminars for area advisers throughout the Wabash Valley
The first seminar, Opportunities in Estate Planning, will be held on Friday. This seminar will cover:
- Effective Estate Planning - A New Perspective
- Traditional Planning Issues
- Revocable Living Trusts: Will They Work'?
- Planning that Focuses on What Clients Really Want
- Maximizing Wealth While Minimizing Taxes - Charitable Remainder Trusts
The second seminar, Advanced Opportunities in Estate Planning, will be held on Dec. 4. That seminar will cover:
- Planning for Families of Children or Adults with Disabilities
- Medicaid Planning Principles & Long Term Care
- Making the Most of Life Insurance - Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts
- Asset Protection Basics for the Not-Rich
- The Role of and Opportunities for the Charitable Planning Team
- Charitable Planning Team Panel Discussion
Each seminar has been approved for professional education credit for Accountants (8 hours), Attorneys (7.3 hours) and Insurance Professionals (8 hours).
The cost of each seminar is $50, which includes materials and lunch. The seminars will be held at Ivy Tech State College Airport Campus. To register for the seminar or for more information, contact the Wabash Valley Community Foundation at 812-232-2234. Advanced registration is recommended.