The Clay County election office and the Clay City clerk's office are busy preparing for the general election set for a week from yesterday (Nov. 4).
Offices being elected and candidates running for those positions in Brazil include:
- Mayor; Kenneth L. Crabb (R) and Thomas L. Arthur (D)
- Clerk-Treasurer; Janet Wallace (R) and Patricia A. (Rogers) Whistler (D)
- City Council-at-Large; Patricia (Pat) Heffner (R) and Vickie M. Lawhorn (D)
- City Council, Ward 1; James D. Sheese (R) and Mark S. Loudermilk (D)
- City Council, Ward 2; Daniel L. Robbins (R) and Martin (Marty) S. Beasley (D)
- City Council, Ward 3; James (Jr.) Passwater II (R) and A. Ann Bradshaw (D)
- City Council, Ward 4; Sally A. Schutte (R) and William (Bill) Lovett (D)
Offices being elected and candidates running for those positions in Clay City include:
- Clerk-treasurer; Stephanie Jackson (D) and Denetta (Fulk) Hane (I)
- Town Council (vote for three); Roy W. Chenoweth (R), David M. Lucas (D), Richard (Dick) Sutton (I), Tammy (Fulk) Wilson (I), Richard (Rick) Swearingen (R), Ronald L. Travis (D) and Robert Weber (D).