First Financial Corp. of Terre Haute has announced the following promotions:
- Melissa McCullough has been named assistant vice president and loan officer with First State Bank in Brazil. McCullough joined First State Bank in 1991 and worked at First Financial Bank in Terre Haute for two years before returning to First State in 2000.
The Brazil resident graduated from Northview High School and received her bachelor's degree in finance from Indiana State University.
McCullough is a board member and past president of the Clay County Chamber of Commerce and past board member and secretary of the United Way of Clay County. She attends World Gospel Church and is president of Delta Theta Tau, Alpha Omega Chapter and a member of Championship Auto Racing Auxillary.
- Becky Giltz has been promoted to payroll officer at First Financial Bank. She will supervise the payroll for all First Financial Corp. affiliates in Indiana and Illinois.
Giltz joined First Financial Bank in 1985 as a teller at the Plaza North banking center. She also worked in branch administration and human resources. Giltz has 21 years of banking experience and is a member of the American Payroll Association.
The Terre Haute native graduated from Terre Haute North Vigo High School and Ivy Tech State College. A member of Cory Zion Church, she lives in Center Point with her husband and daughter.
- Sandy Freeman has been named a consumer loan officer at First Financial Bank in Terre Haute. Prior to her promotion, she worked with consumer and home equity loans in the indirect lending area of the bank. Freeman joined the bank in 1986 and has served as a processor and originator in the mortgage loan department and as a customer service representative at the Westminister banking center.
A graduate of North Central High School, the Fairbanks, Ind., native resides in Riley, Ind.
- Diane Dean, manager of First Financial Bank's contact center and First Courtesy Coverage administrator, has been promoted to assistant vice president. She is responsible for the daily management of the areas which handle routine customer inquiries. Dean has 19 years of banking experience with First Financial.
A native of Farmersburg, Ind., Dean graduated from North Central High School and completed a degree in applied sciences at Ivy Tech State College. She is active in Junior Achievement and the First Baptist Church in Shelburn. She and her husband have two grown children and reside in Pimento, Ind.
-Diana L. Forbes, assistant branch manager at the Meadows banking center, has been promoted to assistant vice president at First Financial Bank. She is also a loan officer and a licensed annuity sales representative.
Forbes began her career with First in 1983 as a teller. She has been at Meadows as assistant branch manager since 1998.
A native of Marshall, Ill., and graduate of Marshall High School, Forbes has lived in Terre Haute for 24 years. She has been involved with United Way of the Wabash Valley and Tri-Kappa.
- Jeffrey K. Redman, manager of the Meadows Center branch of First Financial Bank, has been promoted to vice president. he joined First as a vault teller in 1972 and has been at the Meadows Center branch since 1982 and manager since 1998.
The Terre Haute native graduated from Terre Haute North Vigo High School and attended Indiana State University. He completed the Graduate Banking Program at the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1987.
Redman is a graduate of Class X of Leadership Terre Haute. He serves as treasurer of the Meadows Tenants Association and is a member of the Council of Deacons at World Gospel Church. He and his wife, Barbara, have two daughters.
- Brian Murphy has been promoted to assistant banking center manager at the Springhill branch of First Financial Bank. Murphy was first employed by the bank in 1988. After working as the assistant golf professional at Rea Park for two years, he returned to First in 1996 and entered the management training program in 1998.
A native of Terre Haute, Murphy graduated from Terre Haute South Vigo High School and Indiana State University with a degree in business administration.
He resides in Marshall, Ill., with his wife and two children.
- Patricia A. McCullough has been named assistant branch manager of First financial Bank's Honey Creek banking center. She has been with First since 1985 as a teller, customer service representative and branch installment lender.
McCullough graduated from Terre Haute South Vigo High School and is a member of the Terre Haute South Vigo Parent Network Association. She is also a member of St. Benedict Church and has a son, Ryan.
- Terry Jacobsen has been named employment and training officer in the human resources department of First Financial Bank. She joined First in 1991 as a teller and has worked as a trainer and recruiter.
A native of Levittown, N.Y., Jacobsen has lived in Terre Haute for 29 years and is active with the March of Dimes. She serves on the advisory board for teller training at Ivy Tech State College.
She and her husband have three children.
First Financial Bank is a member of First Financial Corp.