With input from individuals involved in the education of young children including: private preschools, Head Start, LEAAP, Title I, Special Services, elementary principals, kindergarten teachers, and representatives from First Steps and Step Ahead, it was determined that the following students will be eligible for the LEAAP preschool for the 2004-2005 school year:
- Currently enrolled students in the LEAAP program
- Children ages 3 to 5 years old in Even Start and Special Services programs
- Pre-K children who will be 4 years old by July 1, 2004 (Priority for Pre-K children who have not attended the LEAAP preschool will be given to students determined to be in need of preschool.
Several factors including past experiences, social, motor, and academic needs and the results from a screening tool will be used to determine the need.)
The LEAAP preschool classes are funded by Special Services, Title I, and the CAPE grant.
In order to be considered for enrollment at the LEAAP Center at this time for fall 2004, the child must be screened and have a completed application returned to the LEAAP Center by Friday or brought to a screening at Clay City. The last spring screenings will be held as follows:
- Thursday, May 6, 2004, at Clay City Elementary School, 5 -7 p.m.
- Saturday, May 8, 2004, at Clay City Elementary School, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Call 812-446-2536 to schedule a screening or parents may bring their children to any of the sessions without an appointment.
Applications and screening information may be picked up at the screenings or the following locations:
LEAAP Center, 501 East Jackson Street, Brazil, IN 47834
8 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
LEAAP Preschool, located in the back of the Library at Clay City, 700 Main Street,
Clay City, IN 47841
Monday and Wednesday
9 a.m. - 11 a.m.
12 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
2 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.