Eight contestants in the Dairy Princess Contest each represented a different dairy association.
Following personal interviews, the contestants presented oral demonstrations and answered an extemporaneous question regarding the dairy industry.
Those representing the various associations were:
- Indiana Professional Dairy Producers, Brittany Kelsay - Whiteland, Ind.
- Indiana Holstein Association, MacKenzie Leigh Moyer-- Pleasant Lake, Ind.
- Foremost Farms, USA, Lacy Jo Emery - Brazil
- Dairy Farmers of America, Latisha Brawner-- Hanover, Ind.
- Indiana Milking Shorthorn Association, Carly Mangas - Union City, Ind.
- Indiana Guernsey Breeders Association, Marlys Weaver- Goshen, Ind.
- Indiana Ayrshire Breeders, Margaret Cunningham -- Spiceland, Ind.
- Indiana Jersey Cattle Club, Stephanie Zike - Morristown, Ind.
The new Indiana Dairy Princess is representing the dairy industry during the 2004 Indiana State Fair and will make personal appearances on behalf of the industry for the coming year.