Michael O'Neal, 19, Brazil, was sentenced in Clay Superior Court Oct. 6, for a plea agreement in which he pled guilty to one count of sexual misconduct with a minor. The Class D felony offense was committed Jan 8, 2004, with O'Neal's initial hearing March 17.
O'Neal was sentenced to three years with the Indiana Department of Correction, all suspended except for six months. The defendant was given credit for 12 days previously served as a result of this charge and is entitled to good time credit if earned.
He is to serve six months home detention, which will commence prior to theremainder of his incarceration in the Clay County Jail.
O'Neal will be placed on formal probation for a period of two years on the following terms:
- That defendant obey all state, local and federal laws
- That defendant meet with the Probation Officer in a manner prescribed by said Officer and obey all probation directives.
- That defendant pay probation user fees as provided by law.
- That defendant obey all rules and regulations imposed as a result of home detention.
- That defendant have no contact with the victim.
O'Neal was fined $144.