[The Brazil Times nameplate] Mostly Cloudy ~ 63°F  
High: 71°F ~ Low: 49°F
Sunday, May 1, 2016

Sunday fire damages home

Monday, April 11, 2005

An early Sunday afternoon fire damaged a house at 904 N. Alabama St. in Brazil. Off-duty firefighters were called to assist firefighters on the scene

The resident, Les Leasure, was watching a NASCAR race on TV when he was alerted by a smoke alarm in the attic.

About $10,000 smoke and water damage was done to the home, Brazil Fire Chief Tobey Archer said. The cause is believed to be an extension cord on a window air conditioner unit that overheated.

Leasure was concerned about his Coca-Cola collectibles on the first floor, but they were not damaged in spite of water leakage through the ceiling, Archer said.

No one was injured.

Firefighters were on the scene about two hours.



Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: