Clay County roads continue to be closed as a result of flooding, particularly in the southern portion of the county.
On Thursday, S.R. 59 between the New Brunswick bridge and C.R. 1400S became impassible when a levee broke. That part of the highway remained closed today.
Other closed roads in Clay County include:
- S.R. 42 between S.R. 59 and S.R. 243 at the Eel River , west of Poland
- S.R. 246 between S.R. 159 and S.R. 59
- S.R. 42 at the Eel River bridge
- S.R. 246W at C.R. 175W
The following roads have high water warnings and they may be closed as of this morning:
- C.R. 600N, east of S.R. 59
- Poland-Bowling Green Rd., north of Bowling Green
- C.R. 200E, S.R. 46 to north of C.R. 400S
- C.R. 400S, S.R. 59 to C.R. 200E
- C.R. 1300S, west of S.R. 59
- C.R. 500W, south of S.R. 59
- C.R. 600W, south of C.R. 300S
- C.R. 600S, west of C.R. 300W
- C.R. 800N from C.R. 400E to C.R. 500E
- C.R. 500E, south of C.R. 800N
- C.R. 300S, east of C.R. 350E
- C.R. 650W, south of C.R. 600S
- Pioneer Rd., north of S.R. 46
- Sonnefield Rd., north of Pioneer Rd.
- River Rd.
- Hell's Gates
- C.R. 350S, east of S.R. 59
- C.R. 500N, east of S.R. 59 at the first bridge
- C.R. 200N, east of Sonnefield
- Waterworks Rd., around C.R. 700N
Information from the Indiana Dept. of Transportation says, "Motorists are advised to use caution when traveling and try not to drive through standing water on roadways. Do not assume that because there are no barricades that crossing a flooded street or intersection is safe. Current road conditions are serious threats to public safety and should be heeded. Roads will be reopened for travel after the water has receded."