Lonnie Moody, 52, of Brazil was sentenced in Clay Circuit Court Tuesday for child molesting. Moody was arrested July 23, 2004, for allegedly fondling or touching a 9-year-old female with the intent to arouse or satisfy his sexual desires. The incidents occurred between Jan. 2, 2004, and June 19, 2004.
Pursuant to the terms of a plea agreement, Judge Pro Tempore Dexter L. Bolin Jr. sentenced Moody to the Indiana Department of Correction for a period of four years with one year suspended. He is given credit for time served together with good time credit, if earned.
Moody is entitled to credit for four actual days previously served for a total of eight days good time. He was fined $1 and costs and placed on probation at the conclusion of the execution of the sentence for a period of one year on the following terms:
- That he obey all the laws of the State of Indiana
- That he pay court costs and fine of this action.
- That he report immediately to the Probation Department, follow all directives, pay all fees, and appear for an exit conference during the last month of probation.
- That he have no contact with the victims or their immediate families.
- That he submit to sexual offense counseling to be approved by the Probation Department.
- That he reimburse the Clay County Public Defender fund the sum of $250.
"The mother of the victim made a very emotional speech describing the emotional impact the crime had on the family," Acting Prosecuting Attorney Bob Pell said. "It was emotional but she maintained her composure and was quite articulate. It was very powerful."