Poland Fire Chief Stan Frank said the property owner of 4292 Candlestick Corner Rd. intentionally set the blaze, but did not intend for it to get out of control.
Frank said the wind caught the flames, blowing them out of control until Poland, Center Point, Jackson and Van Buren fire departments arrived to extinguish the fire. The fire burned for nearly two hours, he said.
While natural causes resulted in the fire's spread, Brazil Fire Chief Toby Archer said residents should always pay attention to their fires.
"The city has an ordinance that you can't burn trash," Archer said adding that only recreational fires are permitted in the city.
For those burning in the county, "It should just be paper or wood products."
Fires should always be kept contained and in small amounts, he said.