The Brazil City Council will meet in its regular public session at 7 o'clock tonigh, in Council Chambers at City Hall. Included on the agenda are several items of old and new business as well as the usual reports from the Brazil Police Department, Brazil Fire Department and Planning Administration.
Items to be discussed include:
- Second reading of Resolution 5-2005, which authorizes the submission of a recycling grant with the Indiana Department of Environmental Management. The ordinance says that the Council finds it necessary to replace the truck used to pick up the recyclable material and yard waste from residents through its weekly curbside service, and IDEM is offering recycling grants for equipment used in the collection of recyclable materials. The ordinance indicates the Council pledges the necessary 75 percent funding needed to match the IDEM grant.
- Second reading of Ordinance 13-2005, designating and naming a certain roadway in Forest Park Bill Beeler/Santa Claus Lane. The lane to be named in honor of Beeler in his role as Santa Claus for several decades is the lane located immediately west of the Forest Park Golf Course and running to the south from the intersection of John A. Stelle Drive and Nabuco Drive.
- Second reading of Ordinance 14-2005, to provide for the establishment of handicapped parking space designations and penalties for subsequent violations, and to designate a handicapped parking only location.
- First reading of Ordinance 15-2005, to amend the city's unsafe building code.
- A proposal from Energy Systems Group.
- Approval of CF-1 (Compliance with Statement of Benefits) for Morris Manufacturing and Sales Corporation.