By BRANDY RICHMOND
The Clay County Council conducted the following business during its July meeting:
- Established an ordinance for the county corrections fund, which provides a place for revenue from corrections.
- Passed a salary ordinance for part-time jailers.
- Approved software and maintenance for reassessment.
- Approved maintenance and licensing fees for voter registration.
- Moved biological terrorism funds from the state for 2004 that were accidentally placed in the health fund in a separate fund to be used at the discretion of the health department.
The Clay County Council meets each month at 6 p.m. on the first Monday of the month. Meetings are open to the public and are conducted in the Commissioners Court of the Clay County Courthouse.