When the Brazil City Council meets tonight, the following items will be on the agenda:
- Second/final reading of Ordinance 25-2005, to rezone 21 S. Depot St., from Industrial to Residential.
- Second/final reading of Ordinance 26-2005, to designate Harry Sherer Drive at the intersection with C.R. 900N a stop street.
- Second/final reading of Ordinance 28-2005, de-creasing license fees for game tables/machines to $25 per table or machine.
- First Reading of Ordinance 29-2005, providing for the City of Brazil's participating in the national flood insurance program.
- Public hearing on the City's 2006 budget
- First reading of Ordinance 30-2005 fixing salaries of the City's appointed officers and employees for 2006.
- First reading of Ordinance 31-2005 fixing salaries for police officers for 2006 and thereafter. The ordinance provides for police officers' salaries to start at $22,716 and increase for each year of service to $34,063 for 12 years, plus benefits.
- First reading of Ordinance 32-2005 fixing salaries for firefighters for 2006 and thereafter. The ordinance provides for firefighters' salaries to start at $22,716 and increase for each year of service to $34,011 for 12 years, plus benefits.
- First reading of Resolution 8-2005 providing for a reduction in appropriations from the General and Motor Vehicle Highway Funds.
An ordinance takes affect after it is passed on two readings.
The City Council meeting is scheduled at 7 o'clock tonight in Brazil City Hall Council Chambers.