By FRANK PHILLIPS
The new jail is nearing completion, Construction Manager Gary Rodgers reported to county authorities in a written memo dated Aug. 10. Much more work has been completed since then.
"The project is approx. 90 percent complete with all of the main structures of the building in place," wrote Rodgers. "Most of the changes noted on a daily basis have been inside and out of public view."
- Most of the doors have been hung and painted
- Masons have finished the walls
- Some (not all) of the damaged pre-cast columns have been repaired in the front of the building but the color has not yet been blended to match the rest of the building.
- Cracks in the middle of panels will be addressed when CTI returns to set missing panels
- Much of the electrical work is complete
- Plumbing is progressing well
- The natural gas line has been buried and the gas meter has been set. The gas hookup was expected to be completed the week of Aug. 7.