Around 9:35 a.m. Friday, members of the Dick Johnson Township Volunteer Fire Department responded with four units to a call at Ferrellgas, located at 11785 N. State Road 59.
Employees on the scene said, that after smelling a strange odor during the morning, a light bulb popped and flames and smoke came out of a fixture.
Assistant Fire Chief Dennis Nevins told The Brazil Times that it appeared that a fluorescent light bulb had shorted out, causing the problem.
"When it shorted out, it tripped the breaker and stopped the fire from becoming worse," Nevins said. "We told them to not turn the electricity back on until an electrician tells them to."
He said that the liquid propane at the Ferrellgas facility was never in any danger from the problem.
"With 64,000 gallons of liquid propane here, this is an area we make sure to respond quickly to when called," he said. "It doesn't happen very often, but when it does, we get here."