- Reminder -- Local schools may also have Veterans Day programs
In about two weeks, it will be time to once again honor our veterans by observing Veterans Day in Clay County.
Les Walden, the Clay County Veterans Service Officer, has released the tentative schedule for the program at the courthouse:
At 10:15 a.m.:
- The Jackson Township Band under the direction of Matt Huber will play patriotic songs with a salute to all the services.
- American Legion Post No. 2 commander Jerry Archer will welcome the crowd, including nearly 300 students who plan to attend.
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Prayer by American Legion Post No. 2 Chaplain Jim Young
- Speech by Dick Jewel of the Indiana Department of American Legion
- Special recognition of veterans by Sgt. Karen Galloway, Indiana National Guard
- "National Anthem" performed by the Jackson Township Band
- 21-gun salute by Color Guard units from the American Legion and Veterans of Foreign Wars Post No. 1127
- Closing prayer by VFW Post No. 1127 Chaplain Walt Termeer
- Closing remarks by post commander
- "Stars and Stripes Forever" performed by the Jackson Township Band
Students attending the program will receive United States flag sticks
For more information, call Les Walden at 448-9015 or e-mail him at: