Here is a listing of the many school sponsored Veterans Day programs available to the public:
- Clay City Elementary invites the public to attend their program honoring the sacrifice and service soldiers have and are making to their country. The program starts in the gymnasium at 9 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 11.
- The Clay City Jr./Sr. High School program will begin shortly afterwards at 10 a.m. in the Auditeria. Speaker Butch Marion, a local veteran, will join with student council members for the program. Parking will be available along Lankford Street, next to the schools, and the public is asked to use the main entrances of the schools for the programs.
- Forest Park Elementary's program will begin at 2 p.m. on Friday and will include a student play by the 4th and 5th grade classes and a video presentation. The public is invited to attend.
- Jackson Township Elementary's student council will sponsor a program featuring a video presentation. It is open to the public and will begin at 1:15 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 11, in the gymnasium.
- Meridian Elementary's Reader's Theater and activities that will allow audience participation are the highlights for the Veterans Day program which begins at 9 a.m. on Friday, with local veterans and the public invited to attend.
- Staunton Elementary will have a special guest speaker that will discuss how the benefits of community support can help military personnel and soldiers stationed in Iraq. The public is invited to attend the program which will also involve the student body and a flag presentation by the Boy Scouts. The event begins at 1:30 p.m. in the gymnasium.
- North Clay Middle School invites the public to attend their program on Nov. 11, at 2 p.m. in the gymnasium. It will feature performances by the NCMS choir and band and a speech by Major Wayne Booker of the Indiana Air National Guard.