Employees of Cinergy/PSI help prepare the city for the Veterans Day holiday by placing flags on the light poles along National Avenue.
The Veterans Day program, sponsored by the American Legion Post No. 2, will be at the Courthouse at 10:15 a.m., on Friday. The program includes:
- A patriotic musical salute to all the services by the Jackson Township Band, under the direction of Matt Huber.
- Post Commander Jerry Archer will provide the welcome and lead the crowd in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- American Legion Chaplain Jim Young will have the opening prayer.
- Dick Jewel, of the Indiana Department of American Legion, will speak to the crowd.
- Indiana National Guard Sgt. Karen Galloway will lead in special recognition and a salute to all veterans who are serving their country today.
- The Jackson Township Band will play the National Anthem as the color guard units of American Legion and Veterans of Foreign Wars Post No. 1127 will provide a 21-gun salute to all veterans.
- The playing of "Taps" will follow with closing prayer by VFW Chaplain Walt Termeer.
- Post Commander Archer will give the closing remarks
- The Jackson Township Band will end the program with "Stars & Stripes Forever."
The men and women of the VFW Post No. 1127 will hand out stick flags to the more than 280 students scheduled to attend this program.
The program is expected to last approximately an hour.