[The Brazil Times nameplate] Overcast ~ 53°F  
High: 58°F ~ Low: 47°F
Monday, May 2, 2016

Fire ruled accidental

Friday, June 23, 2006

(Photo)
Andy McCammon photo

Brazil Fire Chief Tobey Archer said the one-story home at 924 S. Morgan suffered severe smoke and heat damage during a Sunday morning blaze. It was the residence of Lana Pasko. No one was injured in the fire.

No injuries were reported in a fire that ripped through a single-story Brazil residence Sunday morning.

Brazil City Fire Chief Tobey Archer said the fire at 924 S. Morgan St. has been ruled accidental, the result of an electrical malfunction. His department arrived at the scene around 7 a.m. Sunday and found the blaze had already spread to most of the structure, he said.

"There were flames shooting out of both bedroom windows (when we got there)," Archer said. "I'd say it got started way before we got a call."

Firefighters controlled the blaze in about 15 minutes, but remained at the scene until around 9:30 a.m. to ensure the fire had run its course, Archer said.

"There was a lot of insulation, so we wanted to make sure we didn't have to come back," he said.

Archer noted the house suffered sever smoke and heat damage and is likely a total loss. The only occupant of the home, Lana Pasko, was visiting family in Terre Haute when the blaze started, he said.



Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: