[The Brazil Times nameplate] Fair ~ 50°F  
High: 67°F ~ Low: 50°F
Friday, Apr. 29, 2016

BREAKING NEWS: Bomb threat at Northview

Monday, November 26, 2007

(Photo)
Northview High School students return to the school after being evacuated following a bomb threat Monday.
Shortly after 11 a.m. Monday, officials at Northview High School received a threat of a bomb in the school.

Although officials believed the threat to be a prank, precautionary measures were taken and all students were moved to North Clay Middle School.

Following the threat, NHS officials immediatley contacted the Clay County Sheriff's Department.

Officers responded to the scene after the students had been evacuated from the building.

Students were allowed back into the building at 12:30 p.m.

School officials said classes will resume, but will be shortened to conclude the day.

Students will be dismissed from school at the normal time.

The Brazil Times will provide updates on this story when they become available.


Comments
Note: The nature of the Internet makes it impractical for our staff to review every comment. If you feel that a comment is offensive, please Login or Create an account first, and then you will be able to flag a comment as objectionable. Please also note that those who post comments on thebraziltimes.com may do so using a screen name, which may or may not reflect a website user's actual name. Readers should be careful not to assign comments to real people who may have names similar to screen names. Refrain from obscenity in your comments, and to keep discussions civil, don't say anything in a way your grandmother would be ashamed to read.

What is going on with the youth of our county? 2 deaths from car wrecks last week, robberies in Carbon, and now a bomb threat! Sounds like we need a new direction for our youth and maybe a few more parents being hauled into jail for the actions of their kids!

-- Posted by madmom61 on Mon, Nov 26, 2007, at 2:39 PM

Whos said anything about one of the youth that sent in the bomb threat? I think the problem is with the parents also, but who says that an adult didn't do this?

-- Posted by chainz84 on Mon, Nov 26, 2007, at 2:57 PM

I agree that an adult COULD have called the bomb threat in but in all probability it wasn't. Historically, pranks like this are perpetrated by youth. Time will tell after the phone recordings are analyzed.

-- Posted by CAB (Concerns About Brazil) on Mon, Nov 26, 2007, at 3:59 PM

I don't think I typed that a child did this or that an adult did this. I just meant the youth of our county are in trouble

-- Posted by madmom61 on Tue, Nov 27, 2007, at 7:35 AM


Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: