Firefighters with the Brazil City Fire Dept. were dispatched to the residence of Mike and Melanie Smith, 1832 E. Jackson St., at approximately noon Wednesday after a fire broke out in the family's trailer.
Upon arrival, BCFD Fire Chief Jim Smith said the trailer was completely engulfed in flames.
"That is typical for a trailer," Smith said. "It doesn't take long for them to develop."
Firefighters were on scene for approximately one hour battling the blaze.
Mike Smith was the only one at home when the fire began. He called in the fire.
The fire chief said they believed the fire was electrical and was possibly caused by heat tape that was wrapped around pipes.
Smith said the fire started by the home's water heater and then advanced into the trailer walls.
Brazil City Police Dept. Patrolman Henry Wallen said Mike Smith would not accept medical treatment.
"We asked him if he needed an ambulance and he said no," Wallen said.
"He's doing alright," the fire chief said. "There are no injuries."
Jim Smith said the American Red Cross Wabash Valley Chapter had been notified of the blaze.