[The Brazil Times nameplate] Fair ~ 72°F  
High: 74°F ~ Low: 49°F
Friday, May 6, 2016

Live wire!

Friday, February 29, 2008

(Photo)
When a metallic helium balloon comes into contact with power lines, sparks can fly. Because firefighters, police, and EMTs are typically first on the scene in an emergency and face the greatest risk from electrical contact, more than 50 first responders learned about the dangers of "live wires" and electricity from Duke Energy Supervisor Kevin Timberman and Lineman Ryan Aker at a training seminar at the Clay County 4-H Fairgrounds Thursday evening. Duke Energy, in conjunction with the Brazil City Fire Department, sponsored the program. Ivy Jackson Photo.



Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: