Utilities District of Western Indiana REMC is pleased to award the next round of grants from the UDWI REMC Community Fund.
Since 2005, these grant funds have been distributed quarterly for a variety of purposes from mulch and sidewalks in neighborhood parks to EMT training for local fire departments.
All of this has become a reality through the generosity of our local members who fund the program by allowing their electric bills to be rounded up to the next whole dollar each month.
Local charitable organizations need the support of community members in order to continue their work enriching our lives and the lives of our neighbors.
The efforts of these organizations strengthen our communities and improve the quality of life for all of us. The REMC is proud to stand behind these worthwhile organizations.
To date, more than $200,000 has been distributed in the form of grants to local non-profit organizations. Congratulations to the March 2008 recipients:
* Worthington-Jefferson Twp. Public Library,
* Bloomfield Biddy Ball K-6th grade,
* Bowling Green Volunteer Fire Department,
* Linton Police Department,
* Oolitic Police Department,
* Worthington Police Department,
* National Wild Turkey Federation -- Greene County Longbeards,
* Linton Junior Civitan -- Linton High School,
* Habitat for Humanity of Greene County,
* Shakamak Girls Softball Leage, inc., dba Shakamak Youth League, Inc.,
* Eastern Fire Department -- Beech Creek Twp.,
* Owen Valley Middle School Agriculture Class (Spencer-Owen Schools),
* IntegriTeam, LLC,
* Pregnancy Care Center -- Bedford,
* Greene County Historical Society, Inc., and
* Clay County Cooperative Benevolence Ministry.