CLAY CITY -- Clay City High School recently announced that its Distinguished Alumni Award will be presented this year during the commencement program, which will take place Saturday, June 1.
Graduates from Ashboro, Bowling Green, Clay City or Cory high schools are eligible to nominate alumni from any of the four schools.
Nomination forms may be picked up at the high school office or by calling 812-939-2154 and a form will be mailed.
Nominations forms may also be obtained from any of the D.A.A. Committee members, including Carolyn Thomas (Bowling Green), Doris Easter (Ashboro), Chloe Rhodes (Cory), Tom Gerber (Clay City), Keith Jones (faculty member representative), and Clay City student council president Angie Camp.
Suggested guidelines to consider when making a nomination for the award include:
* Nominee must be a graduate of one of the four high schools that presently constitute Clay City High School,
* Nominee should have graduated at least 15 years prior to receiving the award,
* Nominee may have received an award or other recognition in government, civic, professional, religion or in other activities or work,
* May have served an elective office in government,
* May have published articles, conducted seminars or given lectures,
* May have provided leadership and given of time to the country, state, community, church, etc.,
* Nominee must be able to present at graduation to receive the D.A.A, and
* Other criteria may be considered, which is important.
The deadline for submitting a nomination form to Clay City is Friday, May 9.