The Brazil City Fire Department will begin flushing hydrants at 8 a.m., Monday.
Some discoloration of the water may result from the flushing so the fire department is asking residents to take necessary precautions while doing laundry and other tasks.
The flushing schedule is as follows:
* Monday, Pell Drive and United States 40 to Harrison and Midland streets,
* Tuesday, Alabama and Hendrix streets to Walnut and Church streets,
* Wednesday, Meridian and State streets to Chicago Avenue and Nobel Street,
* Thursday, May 8, Central Avenue and McGuire to Franklin and Center streets,
* Friday, May 9, Walnut and Center streets to Forest and Posey streets,
* Saturday, May 10, Ridge and Lambert streets to National Avenue.
The schedule, according to BPD Chief James Smith, is subject to change.