So, you want war?
You got it.
Recently, it may seem that I've been whining about the new puppy in the life of my fiancÚ and I.
It's full-on war now. That's right little one.
Oh sure, you've been winning the battles, there's no doubt about that.
Take for example:
* Every morning, waking me up approximately 30 minutes before the alarm goes off. Licking my face, making sure you remind me it's your time.
The little voice inside your head saying, "Hey. Get up. I haven't eaten yet. I'm hungry. Get up and feed me."
* After food, giving me that look as if to say, "How dare you head to that other room (bathroom) to turn on that water thing (shower)? You've got to throw this ball around so I can do what I want."
* After said shower, you shrug as if to say, "Guess what surprise I left you? Try and find it."
* After finding the "wonderful" surprise, you shrug again, saying, "Ankle biting time!"
* After coming home to feed you and take you out, you shrug again, saying, "It's my time. You've been gone for a while. My time is now. I'm going to run around this big thing (house) at least 25 times."
* After coming from work, another battle ensues, as you continue your shrugging, saying, "Ankle biting time is here again! Prepare for vampire teeth sinking in your skin. Well, not quite, but at least, I can pester you. Ha!"
Sure, you've won some battles. Oh, who am I kidding, you've won all of them so far.
But the war isn't over.
It took Greek warriors 10 years to topple Sparta. It may take me the same amount of time, but this war is only beginning.
I've got a strategy. Yours? I'm certain it's going to pretty much run from the same playbook for a while. I doubt any changes will pop up soon.
Leverage? Hopefully, but doubtful.
I'm pretty sure my role as court jester will continue.