The Area 7 Agency on Aging and Disabled is offering counseling sessions for 2008 options for Medicare Part 5.
From Nov. 15-Dec. 31, open enrollment will take place for Medicare Part D, which is the prescription portion of insurance coverage. Those interested must choose and enroll in a prescription plan. Medicare will not enroll people.
For more assistance in comparing prescription plans, those interested may call 1-800-489-1561 or 812-238-1561 to set up a no-charge assessment of the best prescription plan for individual needs. Those interested may also e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Certified SHIP counselors will be available to assist those interested by appointment only at St. Vincent Clay Hospital at the following dates and times:
* Friday, Oct. 10 -- 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
* Friday, Oct. 24 -- 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.,
* Friday, Nov. 7 -- 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.,
* Friday, Nov. 21 -- 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.,
* Friday, Dec. 12 -- 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., and
* Friday, Dec. 19 -- 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.