It's nutty, spooky and safe.
It's Halloween at the YMCA.
Halloween can be silly. A nutty and spooky scare.
For a safe, exciting Halloween, the YMCA of Clay County is again offering an imaginative Halloween experience -- an evening for little goblins and their families to enjoy in an environment that's both caring and safe.
The holiday fun takes place from 6-8 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 1, at the YMCA, 226 E. Kruzan St., Brazil.
The YMCA of Clay County will be decorated and supervised.
"It's a safe, creative and social experience for all ages," YMCA Executive Director Chad Zaucha said. "Families want to know that their children are being looked after on Halloween night, while engaging in enjoyable, worthwhile activities. Our YMCA is not just a safe place, it's a happy and exciting destination for little kids, teens and adults."
For several years, the YMCA of Clay County has hosted a variety of organized Halloween activities that include games, crafts and costume contests.
The YMCA of Clay County suggests considering these precautions before heading to the Y or trick-or-treating in the neighborhood:
* Wear light-colored costumes, labels indicating "flame retardant,"
* Wear shorter costumes to prevent tripping,
* Add reflective tape or striping to costumes for greater visibility,
* Use face make-up -- no hoods or masks that obscure the face and vision,
* Take younger children door-to-door in daylight hours,
* Carry a working flashlight,
* Trick-or-Treat within the neighborhood, only to homes that are known,
* Remind children never to enter homes and accept rides from strangers,
* Be alert to auto traffic, crossing safely, according to rules,
* Have parents or other adults inspect treats,
* Check lawn and steps for tripping hazards, and
* Strengthen family. Celebrate Halloween together as quality time.
"Again this year, Halloween will deliver enough treats and spooky fun to delight children of every age, in the safe and caring family atmosphere that characterizes our Y," Zaucha said.
For more information about "Halloween at the YMCA" festivities, call 442-6761 or log onto www.claycountyymca.org.