In the middle of last week, I blogged on our website regarding a Christmas Wish List.
The list included several tongue-in-cheek wishes, like hoping celebrities come to realize how important they are in the lives of others, which is -- in actuality -- very little.
I included hoping people remember who former NFL great Sammy Baugh is. Too often these days, younger people are unaware of some of these great historical figures. That's sad, in my eyes.
But I wanted to take some space here on our Opinion Page and provide some wishes to others as well.
So here, in no particular order, is a Christmas Wish List for others:
* To Brazil Times' General Manager Lynne Llewellyn: I hope you find some time this week to slow down. You always seem to be moving at a rapid pace. Maybe you should consider drinking less coffee;
* To Brazil Times' Staff Reporter Ivy Jackson: Ditto. And remember to take some time to get away from the office. That's an order;
* To Brazil Times' Staff Reporter Jason Jacobs: I hope you do well in the Fantasy Football Finals, but not well enough (we're playing against each other);
* To Brazil Times' Staff Reporter Kimberly Gleason: Keep the chin up. That cold is going to go away soon;
* To Brazil Times' Sports Editor Carey Fox: Time to slow down, right? Well, not quite. But we've got help for you coming up this week;
* To the composing staff at The Brazil Times: Thanks for putting up with us;
* To the advertising staff at The Brazil Times: Ditto;
* To the classified advertising office staff at The Brazil Times: See above. Journalists are a different breed;
* To all circulation staffers at The Brazil Times: Here's a wish hoping you can get a good night sleep;
* To our publisher, Randy List: Thank you so much for everything you do. You truly are the greatest. OK, enough with sucking up. Hope you have a great Christmas Day;
* To all Clay County residents: Here's a wish for a truly wonderful Christmas. We hope you enjoy the day off and the time you spend with your family. We hope you get some well-needed rest.
We hope all your wishes come true.