* The 55th reunion of Brazil High School's class of 1954 will have a meeting at 7 p.m., Jan. 7, at the home of Paul Tilley, 100224 N. Murphy Ave., Brazil, for anyone who would like to help with the committee.
For more information, call 446-5646.
* The Brazil High School class of 1959 will hold its 50th reunion on July 25, 2009, at Traditions in Brazil. Cocktail hour is at 5:30 p.m., with dinner at 6:30 p.m.
A website has been created for the class at www.classcreator.com/Brazil-IN-1959 to locate classmembers and find out what has happened to us since 1959. Members should sign into this site or contact Marilyn Plummer at email@example.com, or 352-688-7627 or Cathy Baker at 812-877-9627. Share this information with any classmate with who you are in contact.
* The Cory Community Church of The Nazarene will have a southern gospel concert, featuring The Lesters from St. Louis.
The concert will take place Thursday, at 7 p.m., at the church.
The church is located in Cory, just off of State Road 46.
The cost will be a freewill offering.
For more information, call 812-864-2625.
* Fireproof Your Marriage will take place at Brazil First United Methodist Church, Saturday.
A small group series will take place at the church, based on the movie, "Fireproof," beginning Jan. 18.
Call the church office or join Sunday morning for details and to order materials.
For further information, visit www.brazilfirstumc.org.
* The extended family of John F. and Mary Summers Megenhardt gathered to recall and pay tribute to the warm Christmas celebrations, which their grandparents hosted at their house in Center Point.
The cousins enjoyed a festive dinner at the restaurant of Bob and Angie's in Clay City. The Freemans added to the holiday air with decor and a chocolate fountain.
Those in attendance were Bill and Nancy Megenhardt, Jason and Jamie Megenhardt, Jill Youngblood, Dot Urbain, Tom and Helen Meganhardt, Betty French, Rita Payton, Bruce and Becky Moon, Ron Moon, and regrets were noted from several others who were unable to come.
Warm memories of the 40's and 50's were shared. Recollection of old family home remedies, food recipes and anecdotes about their happy times regaled the group.
Spring will bring the relatives together again as the bond among the group grows stronger with each passing year.