[The Brazil Times nameplate] Partly Cloudy ~ 60°F  
High: 58°F ~ Low: 45°F
Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Hospital gearing up for Cover the Uninsured Week

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Cover the Uninsured Week is approaching and St. Vincent Clay Hospital has several activities planned to coincide with the week.

According to a press release provided by the hospital, 46 million Americans are uninsured. Nine million of them are children and more than eight out of 10 are in working families.

Cover the Uninsured Week is a national effort to highlight the fact that too many Americans are living without health insurance.

Hospital representatives will kickoff the week Thursday, March 19, in the Clay County Courthouse rotunda, with a community forum.

Breakfast will be served during the event and will take place from 7:30-8 a.m., with the program scheduled from 8-9 a.m.

In addition, the hospital has partnered with the Indiana Family and Social Services Administration (FSSA), Covering Kids and Families and the Indiana Department of Workforce Development in an effort to get people covered this year.

FSSA allowed the hospital use of its mobile application station RV from 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Thursday, March 19, which will be located at the hospital.

Four representatives from FSSA will be in the station to help people get enrolled in "modernized areas."

Individuals will be able to apply for HIP, TANF, Food Stamps and Medicaid (including HHW/SCHIP) as well as ask questions.

Those interested in attending will need to bring the following:

* Identity -- A valid driver's license or state or student photo identification card. If someone is acting on the person's behalf, that person will need to provide proof of his or her identity also,

* U.S. Citizenship -- Legal birth certification, certificate of naturalization, certificate of citizenship, U.S. passport if it was issued with no restrictions,

* Money received by applicant, spouse and dependent children in the home -- Wages: pay stubs, paychecks, statement from employer(s) for the most current month; Employment termination: A statement from last employer giving dates of employment and reason for termination.

Self-employment: Last year's signed tax return or personally kept self-employment records.

Child Support, Social Security, VA, SSI, Workers' Compensation, disability, sick pay, unemployment or other benefits: Court order, award letter or other proof of payment from the source of income.

Loans, gifts or contributions: Promissory note; loan agreement; or statement from person providing the money that includes the person's name, address, phone number, signature and date.

* Guardianship or Power of Attorney -- If someone has legal authority to act on a person's behalf, provide a copy of the Power of Attorney, Guardianship Order, Court Order or similar documents, and

* Immigration Status -- If a person is not a U.S. citizen, a copy of their alien registration card, permanent resident card or other documentation from the Bureau for Citizenship and Immigration Services (formerly the INS) will be required.

Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: