Attention all shutterbugs! The Indiana State Department of Agriculture (ISDA)) is proud to announce the 2009 Indiana State Department of Agriculture Photo Contest. Contest winners will have their winning photographs framed and featured in the Indiana State Department of Agriculture Photo Gallery exhibit at a venue to be announced in the fall of 2009.
"Agriculture has an important story to tell both in the role it plays in our state's economy and in the contribution it makes to the landscape and culture of rural Indiana," said Anne Hazlett, Indiana Agriculture Director. "These photos are an important tool for putting a face on that story."
Because of the overwhelming response in 2008, the contest has been expanded to the following categories:
Conservation on the land; Water uses and impacts; Faces of Conservation & Agriculture; On the farm; and Indiana agritourism.
All contest submissions will be considered for future ISDA publications, Web sites and newsletters. To download 2009 Indiana State Department of Agriculture Photo Contest entry form, go the ISDA Web site home page and click "2009 Photo Contest."
* The general public, ISDA staff and partners are all encouraged to submit images for consideration.
* Applicants may submit as many entries as they wish.
* Applications may only submit each photo once and it should be accompanies by a completed entry form.
* Photos should be submitted in TIFF (preferred) or JPG format at a resolution of 300 dpi.
* All images and entry forms must be submitted electronically to email@example.com or mailed in on CD to: ISDA Photo Contest, 101 W Ohio St., Suite 1200, Indianapolis, IN 46204
* Entries must be received by Sept. 30, 2009 (postmarked by Sept. 25, 2009)
* ISDA will determine each entry's appropriate contest category upon receipt.
* Entries may be utilized in upcoming ISDA publications, Web pages, newsletters, etc. Winning photos will be framed and featured in the ISDA Photo Gallery at a venue to be announced in the fall of 2009.