A Teddy Bear Picnic has been scheduled for 2-4 p.m., Tuesday.
The event has been set up for individuals suffering from Alzheimer's disease.
With the disease, a person may lose intellectual, social and emotional abilities over time. Research has found that dolls and teddy bears can help people with the disease interact and communicate with others.
The general public is invited to a picnic with refreshments at the following locations in area communities:
* Southwood Health and Rehabilitation, 2222 Margaret Ave., Terre Haute (812-232-2223),
* Terre Haute Nursing and Rehabilitation, 830 S. 6th St., Terre Haute (812-232-7102),
* Wyndmoor Retirement, 1465 E. Crossing Blvd., Terre Haute (812-298-9963),
* Bethesda Gardens, 1450 E. Crossing Blvd., Terre Haute (812-298-8209),
* Cobblestone Crossing Health Campus, 1850 E. Howard Wayne Dr., Terre Haute (812-232-0406),
* McMillan Adult Day Service, 486 First Ave., Terre Haute,
* Royal Oaks Health and Rehabilitation, 3500 Maple Ave., Terre Haute (812-238-1555), and
* Vermillion Convalescent Center, 1705 S. Main St., Clinton (765-832-3573).
It is asked that those planning to attend any of the picnics bring a teddy bear as a gift for an Alzheimer's patient.
Businesses may also donate teddy bears on behalf of their organization to benefit Alzheimer's patients at the various locations. Businesses interested in doing so may take the bears to the facilities or drop them off at Senior Education Ministries, 7 S. 6th St.,, Suite 212, Terre Haute.
For more information, call 812-917-4970.