Firefighters were busy Friday evening battling a structure fire in Carbon.
Around 6:30 p.m., members of Van Buren and Dick Johnson volunteer fire departments were dispatched to a house fire at 14566 North Locust Street, Carbon.
Although all occupants and pets were able to get safely outside, the fire caused extensive damage to the home.
Firefighters believed the fire started in the attic area of the home, however, authorities have not released a cause. Members of Clay County Search and Rescue and TransCare Ambulance also assisted on the scene.
On Saturday, downtown Brazil was a buzz with merriment as people enjoyed themselves at a local business's annual street fair.
"There were approximately 1,500 people there," Brazil City Police Chief Dave Archer said, adding event has never experienced problems before. "They had a really good turnout. But, as with all large groups, there were a few who didn't behave themselves."
While one person was arrested for fighting during the event, Archer said officers arrested five individuals who found mischief when they left the event. One intoxicated person "tried to do right by walking home," but Archer said they didn't make it and they allegedly passed out in someone's yard. Two others made it to their car in the CCJC parking lot, but Archer said one person's need to relieve them self of bodily fluids led to both being arrested.
"If you draw attention to yourself, you're going to get noticed," he said.
The remaining two individuals were arrested for public intoxication when an officer found their vehicle parked in the middle of a roadway going the wrong way.
Meanwhile, around 8:30 p.m., members of Cory and Center Point volunteer fire departments were dispatched to a suspicious fire at a structure on an undisclosed property in an area located on County Road 500 West and Lower Bloomington Road.
Cory Fire Chief Jay Morgan told The Brazil Times firefighters were able to locate signs someone attempted to start a fire on the wood porch of a vacant trailer, but "wet conditions kept it from going anywhere."
However, the garage fire was so intense the heat melted some of the siding on the nearby trailer.
Morgan said his department and the Clay County Sheriff's Department is filing case reports with the fire marshal's office of the Indiana Department of Homeland Security Division of Fire and Building Safety.
Around 2 a.m., Sunday, members of the Brazil City Fire Department were dispatched to report of smoke coming out of an apartment complex in an area near Blaine and Washington streets.
According to information provided by the BCFD, a grease fire on the stove in apartment located at 303 1/2 Washington St., caused the heavy smoke. No injuries were reported while firefighters were on the scene for approximately 15 minutes.
However, a sheriff's deputy recognized an individual wanted on an outstanding arrest warrant at the scene. The individual was taken into custody and transported to the CCJC.