Officials at the Brazil City Police Department are looking for a pickup truck stolen from a Brazil residence sometime after midnight Monday early Tuesday morning.
According to BCPD Sgt. Mark Loudermilk, Linda Smith, 510 N. Meridian St., reported her tan 2000 Chevy S10 truck was missing from her driveway.
He said Smith was not clear whether she left her keys in the vehicle or not.
Loudermilk said Smith also reported someone apparently "hung out" in the pool house area of the home for an unknown amount of time.
Although this is the second vehicle reported missing in the past two weeks, officials do not believe it is cause for concern.
However, they do urge local residents to take action to prevent becoming a victim of auto theft, including:
* Never leave the keys inside a vehicle,
* Park vehicles in a well-lit area,
* Keep the windows rolled up and the car locked, even if it's parked at your own house,
* Hide valuables or remove them completely, and
* Consider removing the vehicle registration and the insurance card instead of keeping them in the glove compartment so thieves cannot produce these documents if stopped by police.
If you have information about this case or spot the vehicle, contact the Brazil City Police Department at 446-2211.