The Area 7 Agency on Aging and Disabled Homemaker/Sitter/Handyman List has been changed to the Home Worker List.
This is a list of persons in the area who are willing to perform services and/or chores for seniors for a nominal fee.
The agency sends the list out to senior citizens and families who call in and need assistance/services that Area 7 cannot provide.
Persons on the list negotiate their own rates and hours with callers. Persons on the list are not required to be willing to work in all counties.
The list includes the following:
* Homemaker -- housekeeping, including dusting, vacuuming, washing dishes, laundry, and may include meal preparation,
* Home Health Aide -- includes bathing, dressing, clipping nails, changing dressing, etc.,
* Companion -- includes driving client to errands/appointments such as doctor, grocery or beauty shop,
* Sitter -- includes sitting with client, chatting, etc.,
* Beautician -- includes washing and setting, perms, coloring, etc.,
* Nurse -- includes RN, LPN, CNA,
* Handyman -- includes hanging curtains, fixing leaky faucets, painting, etc., and
* Lawn care -- includes mowing, weedeating, etc.
Area 7 serves Clay, Parke, Putnam, Sullivan, Vermillion and Vigo counties.
Those interested in being on the list for any of the services listed should call, e-mail or write with their name, address and telephone number where they can be reached during the day.
For more information, call 812-238-1561 Ext. 242, or toll-free at 1-800-489-1561 Ext. 242, or e-mail email@example.com.