* The Dick Johnson Volunteer Fire Department, 1200 N and 200 W, Brazil, will host an ice cream social from 3-7 p.m., Saturday, July 18.
Homemade ice cream with many flavors to choose from will be available. Donations will be welcomed.
* The Hull -- Dickison family reunion will be Saturday, July 18, at noon, at the Forest Park Pavilion. Bring a covered dish and table service. Drinks will be provided.
* The Bell reunion will be Sunday, July 19, at 12:30 p.m., at Traditions, 105 E. National Ave., Brazil. Bring a basket lunch, table service and drinks.
The annual reunion of the Joseph Dierdorf family will be July 19, at noon, in the northwest corner of the Forest Park Pavilion. All friends and family are invited to attend.
* The Brazil High School class of 1959 will celebrate their 50th class reunion on Saturday, July 25, beginning at 5:30 p.m., at Traditions.
Reservations are $35 per person, and can be sent to Cathy Neal Baker, 3688 N. Randall, Terre Haute, IN 47805.
An open house meet and greet will take place on Friday evening from 6-9 p.m. at the Clay County YMCA.
For more information, call Cathy at 812-249-3131, or visit the class website at www.classcreator.com/Brazil-IN-1959 /index.cfm
* The Samual Martin reunion will be Sunday, July 26 at noon, at Harmony Park. Bring a covered dish and table service. All friends and family are invited to attend. For more information, call Alta Ooley at 812-446-3432.
* All descendent's of Jobe and Erma Rhodes Chambers are invited to a family reunion on Saturday, Aug. 1 at noon, on the north side of Forest Park Pavilion. Please bring your favorite covered dishes, own drinks, and table service. Lawn chairs are optional. Be sure to invite all your family members for a great outing. For more information, call Susie Minnick Freeman at 443-1809 or 812-240-5878.
* Sarah Squires, James Stevenson and Ray Stevenson family reunion will be Aug. 1 at noon, at the southwest corner of the Forest Park Pavilion. All friends and family are invited to attend.
* The Flockhart reunion will be Aug. 8 at noon, at Harmony Park, in the shelter closet to parking.
* The Northview High School Class of 1999 will hold its 10 year reunion on August 22 at Traditions beginning at 7 pm. The cost is $25 per person in advance or $30 at the door.
For more information, send an e-mail to email@example.com or call Philip Tribble at 443-682-1388 or Ryan Keller at 812-239-5354. Checks payable to Northview Class of 1999 can be sent to Ryan Keller at 816 W Co Rd 750 N, Brazil, Indiana 47834.
* The Brazil High School class of 1954 will have their 55th class reunion on Saturday, Oct. 10, starting at 6 p.m. at the Clay County YMCA.
It's time once again to relive old times, talk of old memories and to greet old friends. We are busy once again getting together names along with the addresses of all our classmates. We are hoping for a large turnout this year, especially from the people in the Brazil area. We had classmates from California and New Jersey and were very disappointed so few attended who lived closer to the area. Please make an effort to attend this 55th reunion, we would love to break all records for attendance this year.
The fun comes in trying to match names with faces after we have accomplished this the years seem to fall away. We could all make an effort to make this evening one to remember.
We would again appreciate any information concerning you, your families, jobs, hobbies, interests, etc. If you are able to attend this reunion this year, please bring pictures, posters, mementos or anything having to do with our high school days grade school pictures or any other nostalgia is welcomed.
This year the price is set at $20 per person.
The schedule for the evening's events:
4-5 p.m., Tour of Brazil Junior High School, Meeting at east door of old gym, admission is free
6-7 p.m., Registration and Social Hour at the Clay County YMCA
7-8:30 p.m., Dinner
8:30-9 p.m., Pictures
RSVP to Kay Wegner, 1340 E. CR 700 N., Brazil, IN 47834.
* Northview High School Class of 1994 is planning it's 15 year class reunion and are trying to locate the following people. Jim Baskin, Pearl Batchelor, Lisa Bridgewaters, Jennifer Britton, Chris Cavender, Jessica Clifford, Loretta Collins, Jena Black, Tyson Downey, Beth Eveland, Bridgett Floyd, Craig Hampton, Sara Harlan, Lisa Head, Kenny Hill, Michael Hoffman, Leslie Hopkins, June Horn, Jennifer Humphrey, Lisa Jenkins, David Jordan, Kathy King, Philip Klar, John Knauer, Jeni Knuckles, Jennifer Latham, Misty Lewzader, Lisa Love, Kevin Lundy, Darby Moore, Amy Martin, Shelly Mason, Johnny Metz, DeWayne Monnett, Bobby Moody, Dusty Morlan, James Morlan, Kelly Nees, Crista Neese, BJ Norris, Jimmy O'Neal, Hope Orlaska, Eric Parksey, James Passwater II, Gabe Pearce, Mark Pell, Kristopher Pettit, Josh Potter, Tonya Pruitt, Richie Reed, Doug Robertson, Tammy Rutledge, Shannah Smith, Jesse Sutherlin, Sheri Swoger, Edward Tener, Jamie Thorpe, Amanda Voyles, Earl Winn, Heather Woolery, and Johnny Young. Please e-mail information to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Amie Brown Maurer at (812)442-8210. The reunion is set for Sep. 5, 2009 at Traditions.