Set A Personal Action Plan ... So that you can enjoy your good health without worry.
Start at age 40 and continue as long as you are in good health.
Be familiar with your breasts so that you will notice any changes and report them to your doctor without delay. Breast self-exams are an option for increasing breast awareness.
Clinical Breast Exam
Have one every year by your doctor or nurse if you are 40 or older, every three years if you are in your 20s and 30s.
A Personal Action Plan Will Help Find Breast Cancer Early
* Breast cancer is the most common cancer that you may have to face in your lifetime.
* It can occur at any age, but it is much more likely to occur after age 40 and as you get older.
* If you are a woman and you are getting older, you should know about breast cancer and how to find it early.
* When found and treated in its earliest stage, the chance for successful treatment is greatest.
* A mammogram can find cancer when it's very small, often several years before a woman or her doctor would be able to feel it
Editor's Note: This message provided by the American Cancer Society. They can be reached by phone at 1-800-ACS-2345 or online at www.cancer.org.