The 17th Christmas in the Park lighted parade will take place at 7 p.m., Friday, Nov. 27, and will be sponsored by Lynn's Pharmacy.
Line up for the parade will begin at 5 p.m. on N. Vandalia St. From there, the parade will head west on National Avenue, concluding on Depot Street. The parade will kick off month-long activities for this year's festival, which features the theme, "A Winter Wonderland."
Anyone wanting to enter a float in the parade can mail their entry to: Christmas in the Park Parade, 1103 West Stan Mar Estates Dr., Brazil, 47834.
Entries can also be faxed to (812) 442-0015, or they can be emailed to BranSciotto@aol.com.
All entries must include the following: name of entry, address, telephone number, number of units, whether or not there will be a music or sound system, approximate length of parade unit and the type of entry.
For any additional information or questions call Brandon Sciotto at (812) 239-1345.
The following are a list of parade rules:
* Participants in the parade are not allowed to throw candy and if they have candy to give out, it must be handed to people, not thrown,
* Fire extinguishers are mandatory for every float in the parade,
* All units must keep moving forward. Floats should not stop for any reason other than emergencies and must keep about 30-feet between each float during the parade, without allowing too large of a gap,
* Names of sponsors should be visible to spectators,
* All vehicles except for tow vehicles should be decorated,
* No intoxicated persons will be allowed to be in the parade and anyone that is will be removed and the police will be notified,
* Provide written comments about the float. All floats will be recognized by an emcee as they pass the reviewing stand, including a brief description of the entry/group/organization/etc. if one is provided,
* Santa Claus will be honored at the end of the parade, so no other persons will be allowed to be dressed as Santa. Santa decorations are acceptable however,
* Emergency vehicles are not allowed to use sirens or horns during the parade, unless they are called to an emergency and must leave the parade. Music can be played over the PA system,
* Headlights should be turned off when the parade begins,
* The parade committee reserves the right to reject any application. Please return entries by 6 p.m. on Nov. 20.
The line-up will be released by Monday, Nov. 23, and
* Late entries, including day-of-parade show-ups are acceptable, but entries must still be called in and confirmed.
Late entries will be added to the end of the parade.
Entry forms are also available on The Brazil Times' web site under the "Forms" header in the left-hand column, or may be found directly by visiting www.thebraziltimes.com/forms/CITPParade.