The board discussed the 2009 achievements, compiled by Supt. of Parks Bill Houck.
Some of the highlights included:
* A new electrical line was installed at shelter 12,
* 22 new freeze proof faucets were replaced within Forest Park,
*Shelter three at Forest Park was repaired,
* 25 new benches were built and added to the bandshell area,
* The Born Learning Trail was added to the playground area in Forest Park,
* The flag pole at Wheeler Park retrofitted with a new pulley system,
* Brush and weeds were removed from around the zoo building at Craig Park and along the east side of the park by Waterworks Road, and
* Eight trees were removed from the playground at Craig Park after a large storm damaged the area.
Though Houck did create a list of goals for 2010, the board agreed to proceed with caution when looking at future projects and to focus on maintaining what is currently in place.
"Budget constraints will hinder or eliminate many of the planned goals for the next two years," Houck said.
"Some of the projects may be achieved with the possibility of donations or grants."
The Brazil City Parks Board will next meet at 7 p.m., Jan. 6, at Brazil City Hall.